Growing a succulent container garden is easy and immensely satisfying. Having evolved in some of the world’s harshest conditions, succulents are vigorous plants that require very little water. The biggest challenge when learning how to grow succulents is to avoid excessive nurturing.
Likewise, what do I need for a succulent garden?
To make a succulent garden you will need:
- Small pebble rocks for drainage.
- Potting soil mixture for cactus or succulents.
- Sphagnum moss for filtration.
- Activated charcoal for filtration.
- Various succulent plants of your choice.
- Moss, gravel, rocks or marbles for decorating.
Keeping this in consideration, can you use regular potting soil for succulents?
Any type of all purpose potting soil for indoor plants will work as the base to make your own succulent soil. Use whatever you have on hand (as long as it’s fresh, sterile potting soil). … Succulents need a well draining potting soil, not one that holds moisture.