Here are some of the plant characteristics to look for when identifying succulents:
- Leaf – shape, size and thickness.
- Color – of leaves, flowers or stems.
- Markings or bumps on the leaves.
- Flower – shape, color, number of blooms and petals.
- Stem – color, texture, length.
- Ciliate hairs.
- Epicuticular wax.
- Spikes, spines or smooth.
People also ask, how do I find out what type of plant I have?
Take a look at the shape of the leaf when identifying flowers by their leaves. The leaf shape can be round, oval or oblong, lance shaped or elliptic. The pattern of veins in the leaf can also help you figure out the type of plant you are dealing with.