Water regularly in spring and summer, allowing soil to totally dry out before you water again. Cut back on watering in fall and water lightly and infrequently in winter. As with many succulent types, overwatering is the primary cause of death among them. Fertilize lightly in spring.
Likewise, people ask, why is it called a Gollum Jade?
Gollum Jade is named after the character J.R.R. Tolkien’s character Gollum. It is similar to the Crassula ovata ‘Hobbit. ‘
Additionally, how do you propagate Gollum succulents?
How To Propagate Crassula Ovata ‘Gollum Jade’ from Stem Cuttings:
- Obtain a stem cutting and let it dry for a day or so. …
- (Optional) Dip the cut end in rooting hormone. …
- Once the cut has healed and dried, stick the cuttings in a well draining potting mix.
- Keep away from direct sunlight.
Is Gollum Jade toxic to dogs?
The jade plant is also commonly called a rubber plant and is very toxic to dogs, causing gastric distress, heartbeat irregularities, and depression among other symptoms.
The jade plant is a popular succulent houseplant with fleshy, oval-shaped leaves and thick, woody stems that resemble tiny tree trunks. With just a bit of care, it can grow to be between 3 and 6 feet tall, but it does so slowly, growing about 2 inches a year.
|Care/Requirements||‘Gollum’ Jade (Crassula ovata) Care|
|Water:||Water with a good soak when the potting soil is dry. Typically water once every 2 weeks but this varies according to climate and conditions.|
Succulents love light and need about six hours of sun per day, depending on the type of succulent. Newly planted succulents can scorch in direct sunlight, so you may need to gradually introduce them to full sun exposure or provide shade with a sheer curtain.
Generally, a jade plant is not toxic if left alone in its pot or garden bed. However, it can cause minor problems if ingested or accidentally rubbed against by humans or animals.
Are succulents toxic to pets? … Luckily, most succulents are considered non-toxic and are harmless to pets when ingested. Others contain skin irritants that can cause minor skin irritations, and some can cause mild symptoms when ingested.