Here are some of the plant characteristics to look for when identifying succulents:
- Leaf – shape, size and thickness.
- Color – of leaves, flowers or stems.
- Markings or bumps on the leaves.
- Flower – shape, color, number of blooms and petals.
- Stem – color, texture, length.
- Ciliate hairs.
- Epicuticular wax.
- Spikes, spines or smooth.
Also to know is, what are good succulent names?
Cute Succulent Names Based on Alliteration
- Sarah the Succulent.
- Eve the Echeveria.
- Joe the Jade Plant.
- Alex the Aloe.
- Heathcliff the Haworthia.
- Randy the Rhipsalis.
- Samuel the Sedum.
- Amelia the Aeonium.
Beside this, do succulents need sun?
Succulents love light and need about six hours of sun per day, depending on the type of succulent. Newly planted succulents can scorch in direct sunlight, so you may need to gradually introduce them to full sun exposure or provide shade with a sheer curtain.
How do you tell if a succulent is male or female?
What is the most popular succulent?
Keep reading for the top 10 most popular types of indoor succulents.
- Burro’s Tail (sedum morganianum) …
- Crown of Thorns (euphorbia milii) …
- Flaming Katy (kalanchoe blossfeldiana) …
- Aloe Vera (aloe vera) …
- Panda Plant (kalanchoe tomentosa) …
- Pincushion Cactus (mammillaria crinita) …
- Roseum (sedum spurium)
What are unique names?
20 Unique Unisex Baby Names
- Akira. Japanese in origin, this unisex name can mean “bright” or “clear.”
- Averill. …
- Chrisley. …
- Dallas. …
- Dell. …
- Gio. …
- Kamala. …
What is a succulent flower?
In botany, succulent plants, also known as succulents, are plants with parts that are thickened, fleshy, and engorged, usually to retain water in arid climates or soil conditions. … The word succulent comes from the Latin word sucus, meaning ‘juice’, or ‘sap’.