How to Get Rid of Ants in Pots
- Place the plant container inside a bucket or tub.
- Make a solution using one or two tablespoons of insecticidal soap per quart of water.
- Fill the bucket or tub until the solution barely covers the surface of the potting soil.
- Let the plant soak for 20 minutes.
Keeping this in consideration, how do I get rid of ants in my flower pots naturally?
Mix a teaspoon of dishwater liquid or any soap liquid in a pint of warm water. Spray it on and around the plants. If you have peppermint oil then add a few drops of this super-effective. Do this at night, and the next morning spray some fresh water just to remove the soap solution.
Similarly, how do you get rid of ants in a potted plant without killing the plant?
Here are some other natural ingredients you can put on the soil in your plant pot to keep ants away:
- Black pepper.
- Coffee grounds.
- Mint (grind leaves first)
- Peppermint oil.
- Tea leaves (grind them first)