Here are some of the plant characteristics to look for when identifying succulents:
- Leaf – shape, size and thickness.
- Color – of leaves, flowers or stems.
- Markings or bumps on the leaves.
- Flower – shape, color, number of blooms and petals.
- Stem – color, texture, length.
- Ciliate hairs.
- Epicuticular wax.
- Spikes, spines or smooth.
Besides, is there an app to identify succulents?
A great option for identification is an app put together by my friend Jacki at Drought Smart Plants called Succulent ID. You can look at different genera of succulents or search through photos based on characteristics of your succulent.
Regarding this, what is the most beautiful succulent in the world?
10 Most Beautiful Cacti and Succulents
- Jade plant (Crassula ovata) …
- Aloe vera. …
- Pincushion cactus (Mammillaria crinita) …
- Snake plant (Sansevieria trifasciata) …
- Zebra plant (Haworthia fasciata) …
- Burro’s tail (Sedum morganianum) …
- Christmas cactus (Schlumbergera x Buckleyi or Schlumbergera truncata)
How do you tell if a succulent is male or female?
Some succulents don’t live long but grow offsets to replace themselves. A great example is Chicks and Hens. The main plant only
|Jade Plant||70-100 years|
|Christmas Cactus||30+ years|
PlantSnap: Best succulent identification app
PlantSnap uses an enormously extensive database that also covers plant species that many other recognition apps do not have in their repertoire – such as mushrooms or succulents. So for those looking for the best succulent plant identifier, look no further.
Take a look at the shape of the leaf when identifying flowers by their leaves. The leaf shape can be round, oval or oblong, lance shaped or elliptic. The pattern of veins in the leaf can also help you figure out the type of plant you are dealing with.
Saguaro (Carnegiea gigantea)
The saguaro cactus just happens to be the state flower of Arizona. It has a thick, tall fluted trunk that can grow up to 40 feet tall, and the branches have a span of anywhere from three to six feet wide.