Here are some of the plant characteristics to look for when identifying succulents:
- Leaf – shape, size and thickness.
- Color – of leaves, flowers or stems.
- Markings or bumps on the leaves.
- Flower – shape, color, number of blooms and petals.
- Stem – color, texture, length.
- Ciliate hairs.
- Epicuticular wax.
- Spikes, spines or smooth.
In respect to this, why is my succulent turning bright green?
Interestingly, perfectly watered succulents often revert to a green color. A little “stress” from not quite enough water can actually cause succulents to “blush” or change colors. … When I forgot to water it and the soil had been completely dry for a few weeks, it turned more of a light green with reddish-orange tips.