The best way to identify succulents is by their leaf shape and growth habit. Of course, fleshy leaves are what classifies succulents apart from other plants. Some succulent species have fleshy leaves that grow in a rosette shape, giving the plant a spiky look.
Correspondingly, how many different succulents are there?
Succulents become all the more interesting because they come in different variants. As a matter of fact, there are more than 500 succulent varieties according to Country Living. These types of succulents could be identified through the shape of their leaves, petals and even through stems and spikes.
Subsequently, what are good succulent names?
Cute & Funny Succulent Name Suggestions
- Smeagol, from Lord of the Rings (for gollum jade plant) …
- Babar (for elephant bush plant)
- Jesus (for crown of thorns succulent)
- Donkey, from Shrek (for burro’s tail succulent)
- Katy Perry (for flaming katy kalanchoe)
- Jennifer-Lynn Hayden, from DC Comics (for jade plant)