Here are some of the plant characteristics to look for when identifying succulents:
- Leaf – shape, size and thickness.
- Color – of leaves, flowers or stems.
- Markings or bumps on the leaves.
- Flower – shape, color, number of blooms and petals.
- Stem – color, texture, length.
- Ciliate hairs.
- Epicuticular wax.
- Spikes, spines or smooth.
Subsequently, what are good succulent names?
Cute & Funny Succulent Name Suggestions
- Smeagol, from Lord of the Rings (for gollum jade plant) …
- Babar (for elephant bush plant)
- Jesus (for crown of thorns succulent)
- Donkey, from Shrek (for burro’s tail succulent)
- Katy Perry (for flaming katy kalanchoe)
- Jennifer-Lynn Hayden, from DC Comics (for jade plant)
Consequently, what is the name of succulent?
|Family or subfamily||Succulent #||Modified parts|
Do succulents need sun?
Succulents love light and need about six hours of sun per day, depending on the type of succulent. Newly planted succulents can scorch in direct sunlight, so you may need to gradually introduce them to full sun exposure or provide shade with a sheer curtain.
Keep reading for the top 10 most popular types of indoor succulents.
- Burro’s Tail (sedum morganianum) …
- Crown of Thorns (euphorbia milii) …
- Flaming Katy (kalanchoe blossfeldiana) …
- Aloe Vera (aloe vera) …
- Panda Plant (kalanchoe tomentosa) …
- Pincushion Cactus (mammillaria crinita) …
- Roseum (sedum spurium)
If you’re feeling silly about any or all of this, remember that naming—and even talking to—your plants is totally normal, according to science. It’s an expression of intelligence and, more importantly, love.
20 Unique Unisex Baby Names
- Akira. Japanese in origin, this unisex name can mean “bright” or “clear.”
- Averill. …
- Chrisley. …
- Dallas. …
- Dell. …
- Gio. …
- Kamala. …
Saguaro (Carnegiea gigantea)
The saguaro cactus just happens to be the state flower of Arizona. It has a thick, tall fluted trunk that can grow up to 40 feet tall, and the branches have a span of anywhere from three to six feet wide.
Mini succulents are in the cacti plant family, with fleshy, water-storing stems/leaves which enable them to use water very efficiently. That means they’re low maintenance and hard to kill, even if you forget to water.
Because aloe vera plants are succulents, the type of soil you choose can really make or break your success. The Old Farmer’s Almanac suggests a sandy soil with a neutral pH. Potting mix made for cacti and succulents is always a great choice.
Some succulents don’t live long but grow offsets to replace themselves. A great example is Chicks and Hens. The main plant only
|Jade Plant||70-100 years|
|Christmas Cactus||30+ years|