Here are some of the plant characteristics to look for when identifying succulents:
- Leaf – shape, size and thickness.
- Color – of leaves, flowers or stems.
- Markings or bumps on the leaves.
- Flower – shape, color, number of blooms and petals.
- Stem – color, texture, length.
- Ciliate hairs.
- Epicuticular wax.
- Spikes, spines or smooth.
Beside above, how many different succulents are there?
Succulents become all the more interesting because they come in different variants. As a matter of fact, there are more than 500 succulent varieties according to Country Living. These types of succulents could be identified through the shape of their leaves, petals and even through stems and spikes.
Also to know is, how do you tell if a succulent is male or female?
Do succulents need sun?
Succulents love light and need about six hours of sun per day, depending on the type of succulent. Newly planted succulents can scorch in direct sunlight, so you may need to gradually introduce them to full sun exposure or provide shade with a sheer curtain.