Euphorbia Medusa’s Head Care
Although Medusa’s Head is drought tolerant, the plant benefits from regular moisture during summer and won’t tolerant long periods of drought. In general, one watering every week or so is enough. Again, be sure the soil drains well and never allow the soil to become waterlogged.
Consequently, is the Medusa plant poisonous?
This feature is present in every species of the genus Euphorbia but nowhere else in the plant kingdom. Toxicity: Other: All parts of Euphorbias can be toxic. Handle with care.
Regarding this, what is a Medusa cactus?
Euphorbia flanaganii, commonly known as Medusa’s Head, is one of the caudex-forming Euphorbiias, similar to Euphorbia procumbens (also know as Euphorbia pugniformis), Euphorbia esculenta, and Euphorbia caput-medusae. … It’s a member of Medusoid Euphorbias, a group of succulents native to South Africa.
How fast does Medusa cactus grow?
Height & Growth Rate
The Medusa Plant is a very slow-grower and typically reaches an ultimate height of around 60 to 90cm.
Medusa’s Head plants are drought tolerant for short periods. Like most succulents, Medusa’s Head plants require well-drained soil, so a cacti and succulents soil mix will do the trick. It’s best to use a well-drained potting mix such as a mixture of pumice, coarse sand, and potting soil for your Medusa’s Head plants.
Succulents love light and need about six hours of sun per day, depending on the type of succulent. Newly planted succulents can scorch in direct sunlight, so you may need to gradually introduce them to full sun exposure or provide shade with a sheer curtain.
One of the struggles of owning pets and plants is creating a space that’s safe for both. Fortunately, most succulents are completely harmless to animals. Additionally, most animals instinctively avoid eating succulents. They just don’t smell or taste very appetizing.
Are succulents toxic to pets? … Luckily, most succulents are considered non-toxic and are harmless to pets when ingested. Others contain skin irritants that can cause minor skin irritations, and some can cause mild symptoms when ingested.