In general, to make a succulent terrarium, you will need to follow these steps:
- Choose a terrarium container.
- Clean the container.
- Choose and lay the drainage layer on the bottom.
- Add a filter for separation.
- Pour a charcoal layer.
- Add succulent soil mix, and then add plants.
Thereof, how do you layer a terrarium?
Steps To A Tropical Plant Terrarium
- Fill your vase with an inch or two of decorative rocks, depending on the size of your vase. …
- Add activated charcoal on top of the rocks. …
- Next add moss, which you can purchase by the bag at garden centers and craft stores. …
- Potting soil follows in your layering process.
Accordingly, what goes in the bottom of a terrarium?
Small Stones or Pebbles – Small stones or pebbles will be used as the base of your terrarium. The small pebbles act as water drainage for the plants’ roots to ensure that excess water doesn’t stay in the soil and cause rot.