Furthermore, how do you make a bird cage for a hanging basket?
Secondly, what do you put in an empty bird cage?
House candles or stuff a bird cage with a strand of string lights. Just décor. You can find a gorgeous vintage bird cage, and it would be a great décor piece in itself – next to a potted plant or a vintage mirror frame. Maybe you can put some antique books inside a large bird cage – it’ll be a great idea.
What plants can you put in a bird cage?
Fortunately, there are several houseplants bird owners can enjoy without having to worry about their pets.
- 01 of 10. Spider Plant. Image Source / Getty Images. …
- 02 of 10. Jade. …
- 03 of 10. Impatiens. …
- 04 of 10. Boston Fern. …
- 05 of 10. Aloe Vera. …
- 06 of 10. Bamboo. …
- 07 of 10. African Violet. …
- 08 of 10. Hen and Chicks.
What can I plant in a birdcage?
If you can’t find the plants you want in pots, you can always buy a ready-made hanging basket and transplant everything to the birdcage. Look for trailing succulents or flowering annuals including: Alternantheras | Alternanthera spp. Bacopas | Sutera spp.
How do you make a birdcage succulent planter?
Putting it Together:
- Lay sheet moss or coco liner at the bottom of the cage and up a few inches on the sides.
- Place a layer of pebbles at the bottom for drainage.
- Layer activated charcoal on top of the rocks. …
- Add cactus soil to your desired soil height.
- Plant your succulents, arranging from the center outward.
How do you decorate a birdcage with flowers?
How do you make a decorative birdcage?
How do you hang a decorative bird cage from the ceiling?
How do you hang a decorative bird cage?
Prepare the space by removing any surrounding clutter. If you don’t have much room, consider hanging your bird cage from the ceiling by screwing a hook into the ceiling joist. Place it a good distance away from the nearest light fixture; too much in one space can look overbearing.