Also, how often should I water my birds nest snake plant?
Keeping this in consideration, how do you plant a birds nest snake plant?
Is snake plant good or bad?
The Snake plant purifies air by absorbing toxins through the leaves and producing pure oxygen. In fact, the Sansevieria is an ideal bedroom plant. … Sometimes the Mother-in-Law’s Tongue plant, also called the Snake Plant (Sansevieria trifasciata) is considered a bad Feng Shui plant.
Even though you can repot your plant any time of the year, spring and early summer are good times to do that. Here are some basic steps for repotting your bird’s nest snake plant: Make sure to get a pot with an appropriate size or reuse the same pot. You won’t need a huge pot for this plant.
According to Niles Animal Hospital and Bird Medical Center, the snake plant is not toxic to birds and can be kept freely if you own only birds at your place. These plants are considered safe for birds.
My aunt had a colony of snake plants in every corner of her home and would never repot them until their root-bound rhizomes cracked their clay pots. However, it’s worth noting that you can easily break the plant up and divide it into multiples, each ready for a new home as an individual potted plant.
Snake plant leaves turning yellow is usually an indication of a poor watering schedule, normally caused by overwatering but also just bad watering practises in general.
It should be damp, but not soggy. If dry, add about an inch of water. Give the plant plenty of humidity by occasionally misting the fronds with a water bottle. Add a layer of mulch over the soil surface to help it retain moisture.
Snake plants are also known for their ability to help remove toxic air pollutants. Though in small contributions, snake plants can absorb cancer-causing pollutants, including CO2, benzene, formaldehyde, xylene, and toluene.
Toxicity to pets
Sansevieria trifasciata is a common house and office plant that may also be called the good luck plant, golden bird’s nest, mother-in-law’s tongue, or snake plant. When ingested by pets, it typically causes gastrointestinal signs (e.g., drooling, vomiting, diarrhea, etc.).