If your pet eats a succulent, you need to immediately identify the plant and call your local veterinarian when there is a chance that the plant is poisonous. However, if your vet is not familiar with houseplants or succulents, you might want to contact a poison control center.
Moreover, are succulent plants poisonous to cats?
Are succulents toxic to pets? … Luckily, most succulents are considered non-toxic and are harmless to pets when ingested. Others contain skin irritants that can cause minor skin irritations, and some can cause mild symptoms when ingested.
Secondly, are succulents OK for cats?
While succulents can be great, low-maintenance houseplants for humans, they are not always a great option if you have furry family members. If ingested, some varieties of this trendy plant could harm cats and dogs. “Most succulents are nontoxic to our pets, but we can definitely see that some are poisonous,” says Dr.