Great for height interest, growing 5–6′ tall on sleek, dark stems. The foliage is the most stunning part, shiny green leaves show in stylish contrast against dark, near-black veining—the coloration becomes even more stunning when the sunlight hits. These leaves grow upright, and form into a distinctive cup-shape.
In this regard, how do you take care of a teacup plant?
Care for Miniature Plants
- Small upright plant with silvery splashed leaves.
- Prefers bright filtered light; avoid direct afternoon sun.
- Prefers average indoor temperature, 60–75 degrees.
- Prefers humidity; use a humidity tray filled with pebbles or plant in a terrarium.
Colocasia Tea Cup is an easy, fast-growing plant that’s great for shade gardens and makes a beautiful display in patio containers. Enjoy! Easy to Grow Features: · Zone: 9-11; Lift Bulbs in Fall in Zones 3-8 or Grow Indoors. Height: 48-72 in.
Also, how often do you water indoor elephant ears?
Water when the soil starts to feel a little dry. If your Elephant Ear plant gets too much water, it will let you know by “weeping” or dripping water from the tip of the leaf. INSTRUCTIONS FOR PLANTING FROM A BULB: Fill large container 3/4 of the way with rich, well-draining potting soil.
What can you grow in a teacup?
Generally, alpine plants and succulents work well for teacup gardens. These require little water and can thrive even in small containers.
How big do Black Magic elephant ears get?
Can I plant succulents in coffee cups?
They’re super easy to make —all you need is a coffee mug and a drill to make a small drainage hole in the bottom of the mug. … Coffee mugs aren’t as big as other planters, but they’re great for small succulents.
Can you plant succulents in a teacup?
There are not too many steps in making teacup succulents. You just need some pretty teacups, plus some potting mix, pebbles and succulents. … You do not have to drill a hole in the teacup, just water sparingly and be ready to repot them when they outgrow the teacup.
How do you take care of a mini indoor plant?
How do you care for indoor plants?
- Keep potting soil moist- It’s important to make sure soil is not too wet nor too dry.
- Make sure the plant pot has drainage holes in the bottom of the pot.
- Place your plant near a light source, whether it’s natural or artificial.