Lure and kill gnats with a mixture of apple cider vinegar, water, sugar, and dish soap. (Alternatively, achieve the same result simply by combining red wine and dish soap.) Pour diluted bleach down the sink or tub drain, if you find gnats hovering near plumbing fixtures.
Moreover, what is the best trap for gnats?
- BEST OVERALL: FENUN Fly Traps, Gnat Trap, Moth Traps.
- RUNNER-UP: Safer Brand Houseplant Sticky Stakes Insect Traps.
- BEST BANG FOR THE BUCK: Faicuk 20-Pack Dual-Sided Yellow Sticky Traps.
- BEST FOR HOUSEPLANTS: Gideal 12-Pack Dual-Sided Yellow Sticky Traps.
- BEST SMALL: Stingmon 12-Pack Sticky Fruit Fly Trap and Gnat Traps.
In respect to this, how do you trap gnats without vinegar?
How to Get Rid of Gnats Without Using Vinegar
- 1 – Fruit Fly Traps. Perhaps the best and most effective way to get rid of gnats around your garbage or fruit basket is to pick up fruit fly traps. …
- 2 – Candle Traps. …
- 3 – Stale Wine Traps. …
- 4 – Make Use of Rotten Fruit. …
- 5 – Essential Oil Sprays.
How do you make a gnat trap?
3 Make a trap using apple cider vinegar. In a small bowl, mix a half cup of warm water plus two tablespoons of apple cider vinegar, a tablespoon of sugar, and about six drops of liquid dish soap. Gnats will be lured in by the sugary mixture, but once they dip in for a drink, the sticky dish soap will trap them.
One-Part Water to One-Part Apple Cider Vinegar
Fill a shallow saucer with this solution and mix in a few drops of liquid dishwashing soap. Keep it near your affected plants. The gnats will fall into the liquid and the soap will keep them from escaping. Add fresh vinegar and water as needed until the gnats are gone.
Hydrogen Peroxide – Controls larvae
Contact with hydrogen peroxide will kill fungus gnat larvae on contact. After a few minutes the fizzing stops and the peroxide breaks down into harmless oxygen and water molecules. Repeat as needed.
Homemade gnat killer spray: A mixture of half a cup of water, half a cup of isopropyl alcohol, and a teaspoon of dish liquid can be filled in a spray bottle. This mixture can be sprayed on the gnats directly to kill them.
3 ways to get rid of gnats
- Create a DIY gnat trap using vinegar. Place a tablespoon of sugar in a bowl. …
- Use sticky fly traps. If the smell of vinegar puts you off creating your own DIY gnat trap, another option is to buy sticky gnat traps. …
- Use an indoor fly catcher.