5 Ways to Get Rid of Gnats
- Make an apple cider vinegar trap. Place a few tablespoons of apple cider vinegar, a few drops of dish soap, and a tablespoon of sugar in a bowl and stir the contents. …
- Make a fruit trap. …
- Pour diluted bleach down the sink or tub drain. …
- Make a candle trap. …
- Hire a professional pest control company.
Accordingly, what causes gnats in the house?
The following are causes of gnats inside your house:
Moisture: Moist breeding grounds for gnats include food spillage, moist potting soil, overwatered grass or plants, garbage cans, puddles in kitchen or outside your house, leaky pipes under the sink, and condensation around windows and vents.
Hereof, what smell do gnats hate?
Fruit flies and fungus gnats, both commonly referred to as ‘gnats,’ rely heavily on their strong sense of smell to navigate. You can take advantage of this trait and repel gnats by using scents they hate such as peppermint, lemon, eucalyptus, vanilla, lavender, citronella, and DEET.
What is the best gnat Killer?
Best Gnat Killers in 2021: Expert Reviews
- Bonide BND951 – The Best Gnat Killer for Indoor Plants. …
- Crioxen Indoor Plug-in Bug Zapper: Small Yet Effective Fly Killer. …
- KATCHY Indoor Insect Trap – Best Indoor Gnat Killer for a House with Pets. …
- Indoor Plug-In Zapper – The Best Zapper to Kill Gnats Within Your House.
What is the best product to get rid of gnats?
In a small bowl, mix a half cup of warm water plus two tablespoons of apple cider vinegar, a tablespoon of sugar, and about six drops of liquid dish soap. Gnats will be lured in by the sugary mixture, but once they dip in for a drink, the sticky dish soap will trap them.
Where are the gnats coming from?
Gnats mainly come from eggs laid in unripe fruits. Once the fruit rots, the larvae eat the fruit to grow into adult gnats. Gnats can also enter your home through an open door or window. It’s common to have a few of these insects trickle inside if you have a garbage bin nearby with a gnat infestation.
Is there a spray for gnats?
Homemade gnat killer spray: A mixture of half a cup of water, half a cup of isopropyl alcohol, and a teaspoon of dish liquid can be filled in a spray bottle. This mixture can be sprayed on the gnats directly to kill them. … Gnats get attracted to rotten fruits, enter the jar, and get stuck inside, unable to escape.
Why are the gnats so bad this year 2020?
Every year, it seems like gnats are getting worse and worse. Mainly a springtime pest, these little insects emerge as the winter thaws, and they are attracted to moisture. Gnat population could simply be attributed to how moist an environment is. The more rain and precipitation, the more gnats you’re likely to have.