This makes the Discocactus subterraneo-proliferans the rarest succulent in the world. This particular Discocactus is native to one region in Brazil and is nearly extinct because its natural habitat was cleared and plowed for small-scale agriculture and cattle ranching.
Moreover, what is the most beautiful succulent in the world?
10 Most Beautiful Cacti and Succulents
- Jade plant (Crassula ovata) …
- Aloe vera. …
- Pincushion cactus (Mammillaria crinita) …
- Snake plant (Sansevieria trifasciata) …
- Zebra plant (Haworthia fasciata) …
- Burro’s tail (Sedum morganianum) …
- Christmas cactus (Schlumbergera x Buckleyi or Schlumbergera truncata)
Then, where do shooting stars grow?
Shooting star grows best in partial shade, but can tolerate full sun in cooler zones and full shade as long as the soil is moist (but not wet) in the spring. It tolerates clay soil, but prefers humusy, rocky or sandy, well-drained soils.
Why is my Sun Star plant dying?
If the soil gets too dry the blooms can wilt and they may not recover. Check the soil moisture with your finger. If the top 2-4” (5-10cm) of soil is dry, or plants are wilted, it is time to water.
High maintenance cost
Sometimes, succulents can take a lot of time to grow. The longer it takes for a plant to grow, the more financial resources and energy are used on it. … These factors can cause a higher price for the succulent.
Check out a collection of some of the most interesting ones in the gallery below!
- #1 Clear Succulent Plant. Image source: littleleafgarden.
- #2 Rose Succulents. Image source: Weibo.
- #3 Bunny Succulents. Image source: seedscactus.
- #4 Lithops. …
- #5 Unusual Succulent.
- #6 Trachyandra.
- #7 Albuca. …
- #8 Succulent.
Echeveria Blue Sky Succulent
A very attractive succulent with rosettes that can reach up to 6-inches in diameter, and has bluish-green leaves with a touch of soft pink along the margins. Its leaves are coated in thick farina, giving this plant a soft powdery look and allowing it to tolerate full sun.