40 Beautiful Types of Purple Succulents
- Echeveria ‘Perle von Nürnberg’
- Graptopetalum ‘Superbum’
- Sedeveria Lilac Mist.
- Graptoveria Debbie.
- Echeveria haagai ‘Tolimanensis’
- Graptoveria ‘Araluen Gem’
- Echeveria ‘Afterglow’
- Graptoveria ‘Fred Ives’
Similarly, how do you care for a kalanchoe succulent?
How to Care for a Kalanchoe Blossfeldiana Plant
- Select an area with plenty of sunlight and light, sandy soil. …
- Water kalanchoe when the soil feels dry, but avoid wetting the leaves. …
- Trim off any dead or wilting flowers at their stems. …
- Fertilize kalanchoe during periods of new growth.
Subsequently, how do you take care of rock purslane?
Rock Purslane Care
Plant rock purslane in full sunlight. If your climate has hot summers, these plants will appreciate a little afternoon shade. Rock purslane can grow in nearly any type of soil, but it must be well drained. Gritty or sandy soil is excellent.
How do I know what kind of succulent I have?
Here are some of the plant characteristics to look for when identifying succulents:
- Leaf – shape, size and thickness.
- Color – of leaves, flowers or stems.
- Markings or bumps on the leaves.
- Flower – shape, color, number of blooms and petals.
- Stem – color, texture, length.
- Ciliate hairs.
- Epicuticular wax.
- Spikes, spines or smooth.
Purple Heart pairs well with succulents and cacti. Setcreasea purpurea (Purple Heart) is a trailing, tender perennial with purple stems and violet-purple leaves that produces pink flowers in summer. … Although this “succulent” will tolerate full sun in our deserts, it prefers a little afternoon shade.
As an indoor plant in cooler climates, kalanchoe grows best in full sun or bright indirect light. This plant needs a very well-drained soil. Water thoroughly but let dry between watering.
Known as wan zi qian hong – meaning thousands and millions of red and purple in reference to its small flowers – the kalanchoe is an easy plant to grow and is said to bring wealth and prosperity.
The Kalanchoe comes in many variations and colours and is an ideal indoor plant; for anyone who does not have a green thumb and of course for anyone who does. It is also an amazing plant to mix and match with other varieties of Kalanchoe and with other green or flowering indoor plants.
Sempervivum ‘Purple Beauty’
These cute little succulents have blue-green leaves with purple centers. … Purple Beauty thrive with both full and partial sun. Like most succulents, Sempervivum enjoy infrequent watering and well-draining soil. They are easy to care for and are great for even the most inexperienced gardeners.
When you notice a plant with purple leaves rather than the normal green color, it is most likely due to a phosphorus deficiency. All plants need phosphorus (P) in order to create energy, sugars, and nucleic acids. Young plants are more likely to display signs of phosphorus deficiency than older plants.
How to Care for Succulents (And Not Kill Them): 9 Plant-Care Tips
- Make Sure Your Succulents Get Enough Light. …
- Rotate Succulents Frequently. …
- Water According to the Season. …
- Water the Soil Directly. …
- Keep Succulents Clean. …
- Choose a Container with Drainage. …
- Plant Succulents in the Right Soil. …
- Get Rid of Bugs.