40 Beautiful Types of Purple Succulents
- Echeveria ‘Perle von Nürnberg’
- Graptopetalum ‘Superbum’
- Sedeveria Lilac Mist.
- Graptoveria Debbie.
- Echeveria haagai ‘Tolimanensis’
- Graptoveria ‘Araluen Gem’
- Echeveria ‘Afterglow’
- Graptoveria ‘Fred Ives’
Likewise, what flower looks like lavender but isn t?
One such plant that looks like lavender but isn’t is the purple giant hyssop (Agastache rugosa, which grows in zones 4 to 8). You can tell the difference between the purple giant hyssop and lavender by comparing height. The hyssop is a bit taller than English lavender at about 4 feet tall.
Additionally, what kind of succulent has flowers?
Most echeverias bloom in late spring to early summer but are known to blossom in fall as well. Aloe vera typically blooms in summer, but can certainly blossom at other times of the year – several blossom in autumn and winter. Jade, kalanchoe, rhipsalis, and some hoya also bloom in autumn and winter.
How do I know what kind of succulent I have?
Here are some of the plant characteristics to look for when identifying succulents:
- Leaf – shape, size and thickness.
- Color – of leaves, flowers or stems.
- Markings or bumps on the leaves.
- Flower – shape, color, number of blooms and petals.
- Stem – color, texture, length.
- Ciliate hairs.
- Epicuticular wax.
- Spikes, spines or smooth.
Succulents turning purple or changing colors can be natural or due to stress. If your succulents turn purple or red due to stress, then it can be due to sudden temperature changes, too much heat or light, lack of feed and water. Succulents turn purple or red due to pigments called anthocyanin and carotenoids.
Look for purple flowers from the beginning to the end of summer. Lavender’s flowers rise into the air like a spike, consisting of several light to deep purple petals. Certain varieties may include flowers that open up, while others resemble a pine cone.
22 Purple Flowers to Beautify Your Garden
- of 22. Bellflower. These bell-shaped blooms grow in both white and purple varieties, but purple is the most common. …
- of 22. Balloon Flower. …
- of 22. Lavender. …
- of 22. Purple Flowering Tree. …
- of 22. Allium. …
- of 22. Cosmos. …
- of 22. Dwarf Iris. …
- of 22. Heliotrope.
Salvia pachyphylla is a California native with lush clusters of lavender-purple flowers against evergreen silvery-green leaves. The fact that it comes from the Sunny state means that it’s resistant to heat and drought.
World’s 25 Most Pretty Purple Flowers
- Verbena (Verbena bonariensis)
- Delphinium (Delphinium sp.)
- Pasque flower (Pulsatilla vulgaris)
- Lilac (Syringa vulgaris)
- Clematis (Clematis sp.)
- Salvia (Salvia sp.)
- Purple Freesia (Freesia sp.)
- Catmint (Nepeta sp.)
20 plants with purple flowers
- Sweet rocket.
- Verbena bonariensis.