Grow Tent Setup: The Complete Guide
- Grow Tents.
- Grow Lights, Reflectors, Holders & Straps?
- Air Flow and Ventilation.
- Odor Control.
- Meters and Other Tools.
In respect to this, what accessories are needed with grow tent?
Cannabis Grow Tent Accessories
- Light Timers. A good light timer is a must-have accessory for any grow tent owner. …
- Oscillating Fans. …
- Vent Covers. …
- Carbon Filters. …
- Trellis Netting. …
- Light Hangers. …
- Thermostats/Humidistats. …
- Sticky Traps.
Considering this, what size grow tent do I need for 4 plants?
For 4 plants, a rectangular tent shape is best and the most common size is a 4×4. That gives each plant about 4 square feet of growing space (a 2×2 area). It is actually a bit less than that, because you want to keep some space free between the plants.
Do I need a fan for my grow?
You need both a fan and an air extraction system to keep the air in your grow room fresh.
Having a dehumidifier inside the grow tent is essential. High humidity in the environment is not good for a plant either. Having the air evenly circulated and free from moisture can be done by installing a dehumidifier in the grow tent or grow room.
1. Add a Utility Shelf. Do it right, and you can double the amount of space in your tent. Something like a Secrer Jardin Lodge already comes with a shelved section.
If you’re new to this, stick to the basics and keep things simple.
- Find a suitable setup space (spare room, garage, etc)
- Make your space light-tight.
- Choose how to configure your space (e.g. tent, entire room or cupboard within a room)
- Get good light coverage in your setup.
- Set up suitable air exchange.
Are Grow Tents Worth The Expense? … Even though your grow tent can represent a significant initial investment, it can save you money in the long run. This is because it costs less to provide water, nutrients, and light to your plants with a grow tent.
Your grow tent should be at least 5 feet in height, to which it can support up to a 400W grow light, albeit more headroom makes it a little easier. For instance, having a height of 7 feet tall, you’ll not be limited by the height of your growing space and moreover, you’ll install more heavy duty grow lights.
If you keep your plants small, you can fit 8 or more of them in a 2 x 4 foot grow tent. If you let them grow to a “normal” size, you can get two in a 2 by 4 area.