The definition of dormant is someone or something inactive, sleeping or quiet. An example of dormant is a volcano that isn’t currently erupting. … This volcano is dormant but not extinct.
Moreover, what does it mean for a person to be dormant?
adjective. lying asleep or as if asleep; inactive, as in sleep; torpid: The lecturer’s sudden shout woke the dormant audience. in a state of rest or inactivity; inoperative; in abeyance: The project is dormant for the time being.
Keeping this in consideration, does dormant mean inactive?
“Dormancy” means inactive for a long period of time. Think of bears hibernating or volcanoes not erupting for hundreds of years.
How do you use the word dormant?
inactive but capable of becoming active.
- The virus remains dormant in nerve tissue until activated.
- The dormant period is another stage in the life cycle of the plant.
- The seeds remain dormant until the spring.
- Many living things are dormant in winter.
- These investments have remained dormant for several years.
Dormancy is essentially the lawn ‘going to sleep’. … When grass goes dormant for the cold winter months, it shuts down and turns brown in order to conserve water and nutrients. When grass goes dormant in the summer, it also turns brown. Summer dormancy occurs when the grass is stressed out by intense heat and drought.
Activate Dormant Account
- Step1. Visit the branch and submit written application with your signature a sper operating instructions in the account.
- Step2. Submit self-attested proof of identity and address.
- Step3. Initiate any transaction and your account will be activated once again.
What is another word for dormancy?
A dormancy period is the statutory period of time without owner initiated contact or activity, that must elapse before a state can consider a property dormant or abandoned.
Latent implies concealment and is applied to that which is present without showing itself; dormant usually suggests sleeping and is applied to that which is alive without manifesting activity; as, a latent talent; latent energy; a dormant plant or volcano.