Like plants growing outdoors in the sunlight, indoor plants grow best under full-spectrum bulbs, which produce a balance of cool and warm light that replicates the natural solar spectrum. They’re excellent for seedlings as well as houseplants, culinary herbs and other plants.
Also question is, what are the most effective grow lights?
- HLG 650R LED Grow Light– Best Energy Efficient Grow Light. …
- VIPARSPECTRA P2000 Full Spectrum LED Grow Light. …
- BESTVA DC Series 3000W LED– Best Blurple Grow Light for 8*8 tent. …
- Spider Farmer SF-1000 Grow LED Light– Best Budget Light. …
- Gavita Pro 1700E LED – Most Durable Commercial Grow Light.
Hereof, what color LED is best for plants?
Plants do best with a light that has a lot of red and blue and smaller amounts of green and yellow. White light is not important for plants – having the right amount of each wavelength is important.
How many watts should a grow light be?
As a rule of thumb, aim for 20 to 40 watts per square foot. Divide the wattage of your bulb by 20 (such as 400 watts divided by 20 = 20), and then divide the wattage of your bulb by 40 (400 divided by 40 = 10).
Top 10 Full Spectrum LED Grow Lights – Buyer’s Guide & Reviews
- VIPARSPECTRA Reflector Series LED Grow Light.
- MARS HYDRO LED Grow Light Full Spectrum Reflector Series.
- Roleadro LED Grow Light GalaxyHydro Series.
- Advanced Platinum P-Series LED Grow Lights.
- Kind LED Grow Lights K3 & K5 series.
- California Lightworks Solarstorm.
LED grow lights work well because they’re designed to imitate the sun. They give out minimal heat but provide both red & blue light that plants require. … In addition, grow lights emit very specific wavelengths of light, which is critical for plant growth.